Alaris VP Plus Guardrails Volumetric pump
The Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ volumetric pump, delivers exclusive benefits through in-line pressure monitoring and the Guardrails™ suite of safety software. In-line pressure monitoring improves the early detection of occlusions, by reducing time to alarm, and can help reduce sub-therapeutic medication and the risk of I.V. complications such as extravasation or infiltration.
- In-line pressure monitoring – delivers constant indication of in-line pressure, improving the early detection of occlusions, by reducing time to alarm.
- Air-in-line Sensor – Air-in-line sensor provides both single bubble and accumulated bubble detection.
- Alarm & Warning Indicator – An immediate identification of the infusion pump requiring attention.
- Drug Protocols – allow clinicians to standardize drug protocols into the infusion pump, ensuring safe administration of IV therapy.
EASE OF USE
- Large Display – Quickly read critical data – such as pressure trends – from the large clear display visible from a distance in all lighting conditions.
- Folding Pole Clamp – Built in folding pole clamp and Medical Device Interface (MDI).
- Door Removal – The door can be safely removed for cleaning and maintenance.
- Colour Coded Set Loading – Easy set-up with colour coded IV infusion set loading.
GUARDRAILS™ SAFETY SOFTWARE
The Guardrails™ Suite of safety software is a medication safety and quality auditing system designed specifically for infusions. It not only helps protect the patient and the clinician from the consequences of medication errors, it can also positively affect patient outcomes by facilitating continuous improvements in the quality of practice.
Alaris™ Gateway Workstation – The Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ volumetric pump is designed as part of your complete system, fitting into the workstation.
Alaris™ Safety Clamp
This proprietary design helps protect patients from the risks of free flow when the set is removed from the pump. The safety clamp also features a release function enabling the set to be used for gravity infusions.